The FMC-1000 is a high speed digitizing and signal generation FMC I/O module featuring two 1000* or 1250* MSPS A/D channels and two 1230* MSPS D/A channels supported by sample clock and triggering features.
Two 1000 or 1250 Msps 14-bit A/D & Two 1230Msps 16-bit D/A Converters with PLL & Timing Controls
- Two A/D Inputs
- Up to 1250* MSPS,14-bits each
- AC or DC coupled
- Two D/A Outputs
- Up to 1230* Msps,16-bits each 1x, to 2500* Msps with 4x interpolation
- AC or DC coupled
- Sample clocks and timing and controls
- Both front panel and FMC ports; DCLK, SYSCLK inputs, Trig/Sync/Monitor input/output, HW customizable
- Programmable PLL
- 25 MHz TCXO Reference
- Integrated with FMC triggers
- FMC module, VITA 57.1
- High Pin Count
- JESD204B (subclass 1) Interfaces
- 2.5V Vadj
- Power monitor and controls
- 10.4W typical (AC-coupled inputs)
- Conduction cooling supported
- Environmental ratings for -40 to 85C 9g RMS sine, 0.1g2/Hz random vibration
- Wireless Receiver and Transmitter
- LTE, WiMAX Physical Layer
- Medical Imaging
- High Speed Data Recording and Playback
- Download Datasheet PDF
Analog I/O may be either AC or DC coupled. The sample clock is from either an ultra-low-jitter PLL or can be derived from external inputs. Multiple cards can be synchronized for sampling.
The FMC-1000 power consumption is less than 10.4W for typical operation (AC coupled, 12W DC coupled). The module may be conduction cooled using provided thermal interfaces and a heat spreading plate. Ruggedization levels for wide-temperature operation from -40 to 85C operation and 0.1 g2/Hz vibration. Conformal coating is available.
Support logic in VHDL is provided for integration with FPGA carrier cards. Specific support for Innovative carrier cards includes integration with Framework Logic tools that support VHDL/Verilog and Matlab developers. The Matlab BSP supports real-time hardware-in-the-loop development using the graphical block diagram Simulink environment with Xilinx System Generator for the FMC integrated with the FPGA carrier card.
Software tools for Innovative carrier cards include include C libraries and drivers for Windows and Linux. Application examples demonstrating the module features are provided.
* Sampling rates in an application depend on carrier and system design