The X6-1000M integrates high-speed digitizing and signal generation with signal processing on a PMC/XMC IO module for demanding DSP applications. The tight coupling of the digitizing to the Virtex6 FPGA core realizes architectures for SDR, RADAR, and LIDAR front end sensor digitizing and processing. The PCI Express system interface sustains transfer rates over 2 GB/s for data recording and integration as part of a high performance realtime system.
Two 1 GSPS 12-bit ADC, Two 1 GSPS 16-bit DAC and Virtex-6 FPGA
- Two 1 GSPS, 12-bit A/D channels
- Two 1 GSPS, 16-bit DAC channels
- 2Vpp AC or DC Coupled 50 Ohm SSMC Inputs
- 1Vpp AC or DC Coupled 50 Ohm SSMC Outputs
- Xilinx Virtex-6 SX315T/SX475T or LX240T
- 4 Banks of 1GB DRAM (4 GB total)
- Ultra-low jitter programmable clock
- Arbitrary Waveform Generation Memory
- Controller for DACs
- Gen2 x8 PCI Express providing 2 GB/s sustained transfer rates
- PMC/XMC Module (75×150 mm)
- Conduction Cooling per VITA 20
- Ruggedization Levels for Wide Temperature Operation
- Adapters for VPX, Compact PCI, desktop PCI and cabled PCI Express systems
- Wireless Receiver and Transmitter
- LTE, WiMAX Physical Layer
- Medical Imaging
- High Speed Data Recording and Playback
- IP Development
- MATLAB / VHDL FrameWork Logic
- Drivers for Windows / Linux / VxWorks
- C Host Tools
- Download Datasheet PDF
The X6-1000M features two, 12-bit 1 GSPS A/Ds and two 1 GSPS 16-bit DACs. Analog input bandwidth of over 2 GHz supports wideband applications and undersampling. The DACs have features for interpolation and coarse mixing for upconversion. The sample clock is from either a low-jitter PLL or external input. Multiple cards can be synchronized for sampling and down-conversion.
A Xilinx Virtex6 SX315T (LX240T and SX475T options) with 4 banks of 1GB DRAM provide a very high performance DSP core with over 2000 MACs (SX315T). The close integration of the analog IO, memory and host interface with the FPGA enables real-time signal processing at extremely high rates. The X6-1000M power consumption is 20W for typical operation. The module may be conduction cooled using VITA20 standard and a heat spreading plate. Ruggedization levels for wide-temperature operation from -40 to 85C operation and 0.1 g2/Hz vibration. Conformal coating is available.
The FPGA logic can be fully customized using VHDL and MATLAB using the Frame Work Logic tool set. The MATLAB BSP supports real-time hardware-in-the-loop development using the graphical block diagram Simulink environment with Xilinx System Generator. IP cores for many wireless, DSP and RADAR functions such as large-scale preintegrator, DDC, PSK/FSK demod, OFDM receiver, correlators and large FFT are available. Software tools for host development include C libraries and drivers for Windows, Linux and VxWorks. Application examples demonstrating the module features are provided.